Mission Discovery in Ark: Awakening
It has been some while since our previous update, so I just wanted to
give an overview on couple of improvements we did in Ark: Awakening.
Also, might be interesting for you to check the previous article.
In Ark, the first player that achieves all objectives on their mission card, wins the game. There are no Victory Points and there is no second place! Players do not actually start the game with a mission card – they need to earn it through the game … and this is what I want to talk about in this post.
The previous design required players to collect 5 artifact cards and then discard 3 and receive their secret mission card. But this design was flawed … in the early game it always pushed players into the same path – to gather artifact cards. Our solution was simple … provide multiple achievements.
You discover your faction’s mission card if you accomplish 3 of the 6 achievements:
- Awake all your unit-engineers. Maybe the others from your faction would remember what happened.
- Integrate 8 cubes. By integrating with the Ark’s systems you have vast access to knowledge that might help you piece together your mission.
- Control 7 rooms. Spread your influence across the ark and actively search for clues about your mission.
- Collect 6 artifact cards. The artifacts can be used to unlock knowledge about the history of the Ark.
- Win 2 battles. After taking prisoners, gently coarse them into sharing information with you.
- Achieve 17 or higher on the military arsenal track. Your military strength will certainly influence the other faction to be generous with the data they have.
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (1)
- August 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (3)
- April 2020 (1)
- February 2020 (7)
- January 2020 (8)
- December 2019 (5)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (4)
- May 2019 (1)